Client: Agile Retail, CTS, Diebold Nixdorf and Parcel Pending by Quadient
Sector: Customer experienceInnovationStores
Following the success of the Accelerating Ecommerce Week 2022 hybrid event week, Retail Week had interest from clients looking to achieve similar success and drive digital lead-generation, in-person networking and brand awareness. This time our clients wanted to focus on reaching more retail leaders across the stores and property sector.
From May 9 to 13, Connect ran Stores Week 2022 – a celebration of bricks-and-mortar retail – to enable clients to target this audience.
Comprising a free virtual morning masterclass on May 11 and an in-person summit at Harvey Nichols on May 12 alongside supporting content, Stores Week was an opportunity for industry to come together to share and discuss the latest thinking around store innovations and retail property.
The event week was supported by four partners and engaged speakers from Liberty London, B&Q, Rapha, Marks & Spencer, Ikea’s property arm Ingka Centres, Fat Face, Mamas & Papas and more. Significantly, there was a 50% gender diversity split for speakers across the masterclass and the summit – a first for Connect events.
Campaign marketing included:
- Dedicated event portal with partner branding
- Online teaser content articles published on Retail-Week.com and on morning briefing newsletters, including a feature that surpassed engagement benchmarks
- Social content across Twitter (100,000+ followers), Facebook and LinkedIn
- Native advertising on Retail-week.com
- An eight-week marketing campaign to our 35,000-strong database of retail professionals
Both events were well attended, surpassing benchmarks. One sponsor of the in-person summit, which was attended by 28 senior retail leaders, enjoyed it so much they joked that “Retail Week should change its name to Retail Strong”.