Client: Aspiring Solicitors, Browne Jacobson, DLA Piper, DWF, Flex Legal, Foot Anstey, Gowling WLG, RPC, TLT, Weightmans, Womble Bond Dickinson
Private practice law firms are looking for the opportunity to be seen as integral players in the retail legal market while having unrivalled access to general counsel and in-house legal directors from the retail community. Their objectives included maintaining strong relationships with current clients, having face time with potential new clients and showcasing their specialisms.
Retail Week’s General Counsel Summit is the industry’s leading networking event for legal leaders to share how they are approaching seismic transformations in retail. Taking place on June 28, 2022, at the Ham Yard Hotel in London, this year’s edition was the biggest and best yet.
Attracting more than 60 retailers, the event gave attendees the opportunity to hear from a stellar speaker line-up of GCs from companies including Unilever, Co-op, Superdry, Homebase, Greggs, Made.com, Screwfix, Pets at Home and Costco, as well as attend off-the-record roundtable discussions with their peers.
This year’s content themes included:
- Adapting to new trading dynamics in a rapidly evolving market
- The GC role redefined: Empowering a strategic approach
- Actionable ESG for a sustainable and socially conscious business
- Tackling harassment and discrimination in retail to protect staff
- Living in a post-Brexit world: The rhetoric and the reality
Campaign marketing included:
- Dedicated event portal with partner branding
- Social content across Twitter (100,000+ followers), Facebook and LinkedIn
- Native advertising on Retail-week.com
- Email campaign to drive registrations
Lucy Williams, Pets at Home General Counsel and Company Secretary, said of the summit: “It was an excellent day and the speakers were brilliant. It’s always nice to feel you’re part of a community who are facing the exact same challenges you are, both across private practice and other in-house colleagues.”
Others praised the networking opportunities and actionable takeaways from the day, with one attendee saying: “A brilliant day with very relevant content and insight – well worth the day away from the desk.”